Mercedes 170V W136 1937.
The Mercedes-Benz W136 was Mercedes-Benz’s line of inline-four cylinder automobiles from the mid-1930s into the 1950s. Between 1936 and 1939 it was Mercedes’ top selling model. The 1.7 liter four cylinder rear wheel-drive Mercedes-Benz 170 V (W136) was introduced in 1936 to replace the 1.7 liter six-cylinder Mercedes-Benz 170 (W15). Despite their similar engine capacities, the new car’s side-valve M136 was more powerful. The manual transmission was four speed synchromesh (having been upgraded from synchomesh in only the top two ratios in 1940). Claimed maximum power was 38 PS (28 kW; 37 hp) at 3,400 RPM at an initial compression ratio of 6:1. Mileage was 10 litres per 100 kilometres (28 mpg-imp; 24 mpg-US). The engine was attached using just two mountings and set the standard for smoothness for four-cylinder motors.
This very rare W136 recently arrived from Latvia. Although we have no photographic records or bills for any restoration, it is in our opinion that the body has been removed from the chassis which has been painted. The body has also been restored and painted to a high standard, wings have been removed, painted and re assembled with new beading. Cloth seats have been re covered with extra cloth for the roof lining (to be fitted). Comes with boxes of spares shown in pictures (buyers it is up to you to decide what’s there and what’s not there). These rare W136 models have all round independent suspensions, not bad for a pre war car. Will need to be UK registered, we will assist.
- Condition: 1/4
- Reg number: CP4658
- Date of registration: 1937
- Mileage: 55,000 kms (not warranted)
- MOT: None